Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Book Review: If I Could Keep You Little


Do you ever look at your kids and think that they are growing up way too fast? With my youngest turning 4 next month, I think where did the time go. He was just a little baby and now he is so independent. Although I enjoy watching them grow up and learn new things, at the same time I just want to keep them from growing up. When I heard about the book If I Could Keep You Little by Marianne Richmond, I knew that I wanted to own it.

Here is a little about the book from the press release:

If I Could Keep You Little exemplifies Marianne Richmond's real insights into the human spirit. This picture book showcases Marianne's beloved artwork, which beautifully illustrates these complex emotions, along with her insightful prose, both of which are sure to be cherished for generations to come. Taking the reader on a journey of memory and expectation, the book showcases the fleeting little moments that reveal how a child changes and grows.

One of my favorite lines from the book is:

"If I could keep you little, I'd tell you stories every night. But then I'd miss you reading the words you've learned by sight."

Most nights, my boys love to have a book read to them before they go to sleep. But right now, my oldest is learning how to spell out words and read so it is exciting to watch him read himself.

The last few lines of the book, really sum up the mixed emotions I feel about my kids growing up: "If I could keep you little, I'd keep you close to me. But then I'd miss you growing into who you're meant to be!"

This book is just adorable. And not only will your kids enjoy having it read to them, but you may enjoy it more!

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila