My two boys love playing with their Nintendo DS. They were very excited when they heard that we would be reviewing two new games: thinkSMART and thinkSMART 8+ up. I just love logic puzzles and challenges, so I thought that these games would be great for the whole family. Here is a little about the games:
thinkSMART: Think out side the box and improve your mental fitness! This original brain training program helps players develop a wide range of thinking skills in imaginative and creative ways.
- Six different training categories, three levels of difficulty
- Language, Memory, Mathematics, Spatial Reasoning, Grasp, Logic
- Single player, Multiplayer, free training
- Individual training schedule and progress documentation
- Advanced handwriting recognition
- The wily old professor provides coaching and extra motivation
thinkSMART Kids 8+: A fun and fast paced collection of stimulating and brain-twisting puzzlers created by the renowned Ravensburger team that challenges players to improve their brain power...
- Select a boy or girl coach for personalized feedback
- 18 mini-games-three levels of difficulty
- Language skills, logical thinking, math, memory
- Reasoning and pattern recognition
- Single-card Multiplayer Options
After receiving the games, I was a bit skeptical whether they would hold my sons' interest. They love their Phineas and Ferb game, Toy Story 3, and Star Wars, so I wasn't sure whether or not they would enjoy brain puzzles or if it would be too difficult for them. However, they love playing with the thinkSMART game. While, the thinkSMART Kids 8+ is a little old for both of them, the regular thinkSMART game really caught both of their interest and even my three year old can play it. Their favorite game is a maze. There is a mouse who you must lead through a maze to find its cheese. My three year old will play this over and over! Not only do you get timed, but you also earn a score. I like both of the games since they will help strengthen their brain power.
Disclosure: I received a copy of both DS games to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the products.