Wednesday, December 30, 2015

"Pan" Review

Disclosure: I received a copy of the movie to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the movie. 
Press Release Synopsis:
Peter (Levi Miller) is a mischievous 12-year-old boy with an irrepressible rebellious streak, but in the bleak London orphanage where he has lived his whole life those qualities do not exactly fly. Then one incredible night, Peter is whisked away from the orphanage and spirited off to a fantastical world of pirates, warriors and fairies called Neverland. There, he finds amazing adventures and fights life-or-death battles while trying to uncover the secret of his mother, who left him at the orphanage so long ago, and his rightful place in this magical land. Teamed with the warrior Tiger Lily (Rooney Mara) and a new friend named James Hook (Garrett Hedlund), Peter must defeat the ruthless pirate Blackbeard (Hugh Jackman) to save Neverland and discover his true destiny - to become the hero who will forever be known as Peter Pan.




Our thoughts: My boys have always been a fan of the movie Peter Pan, so it was no surprised that they would be interested in "Pan". I have to admit, I was looking forward to watching the movie too. I wanted to see how the story of Peter Pan began. It was an interesting plot, with Peter befriending Hook in order to escape from Blackbeard to search for his mother. While searching for his mother, he embarks on an adventure that leads him to fight Blackbeard and save Neverland. My boys' favorite characters were both Hook and Blackbeard and my oldest wished the move could have been longer. We all enjoyed the movie and found it entertaining. It left me wondering, however, will there be a movie in the future that explains how Peter and Hook become enemies? If so, I would definitely be interested in watching that as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila