Sunday, October 4, 2015

Oriental Trading Company Halloween Review

Disclosure: I received the following products in exchange for a review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the products.

Every year around September my boys start thinking about Halloween. This year was no exception. Finding the perfect costume is of utmost priority in their minds. Although my older boys had a tougher time deciding what to be, for my youngest the decision was an easy one: Mickey Mouse. This worked out perfectly since Oriental Trading Company asked me to write a review about their Halloween products and they happened to have a Mickey Mouse costume.

I have always enjoyed shopping at Oriental Trading Company. At Oriental Trading Company you can shop for craft and hobby supplies, toys and novelties, party supplies, teaching supplies, home decor, and holiday products. In the past, I never would have thought to shop at Oriental Trading Company for a Halloween costume, but now my mind is changed. They offer a variety of different costumes for kids and adults to choose from, as well as accessories and props.


When the Mickey Mouse costume came in the mail, my son was so excited to try it on. The costume is made up of a bodysuit with a cute bowtie, as well as Mickey Mouse ears. My son absolutely loved the costume and wore it around all night. If we let him, he would wear it every day.



Since my older boys will dress up with a cape from time to time, I asked to review the Superhero Cape and Mask set. I figured this way my youngest could have his own cape too. Although he was excited to try on the cape and mask, it was a little too big for him so we will have to save it for when he is older. However, I was able to have my middle son try on the cape for the picture above. I was a little surprised that the cape feels like it is made out of plastic, but I do like that it is reversible with blue on one side and red on the other. It is only $6.25 so it might make a great party favor.



Besides being able to buy costumes at Oriental Trading Company, they offer a large variety of candy and favors. When I checked out the candy selection, it was easy to choose which to review. Since I work with kids, I know some of their favorites: Toostie Caramel Apple Suckers and Dum Dums. The Toostie Caramel Apple Suckers cost $5.75 for 24 lollipops, while the Dums Dums cost $9.99 for 120 lollipops. Since the Tootsie Caramel Apple Suckers are hard to find in stores, I was thrilled that Oriental Trading Company has these on their website. Although to me they are a bit pricey, the kids absolutely love them and ask for them all of the time!

Besides candy, kids also love stickers. So the last item I chose to review was a roll of Prism Pumpkin stickers. Each sticker is on a perforated piece so this would be perfect to hand out on Halloween.

If you are looking for Halloween products, I would recommend Oriental Trading Company. They offer a variety of costumes and accessories, candy and favors, party decorations and supplies, holiday decor, and crafts. I think their prices are reasonable and from time to time they even offer free shipping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila