Friday, August 3, 2012

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax Review



Dr. Seuss is a favorite in our household. My oldest boy in particular loved reading many of Dr. Seuss' books was he was younger and still enjoys watching some of the DVDs we own now. Since my boys love Dr. Seuss' stories, I knew that The Lorax would be a hit! The boys were excited when the movie arrived in the mail this week for us to review. They couldn't wait to watch it! Here is the synopsis:

The imaginative world of Dr. Seuss comes to life like never before in this visually spectacular adventure from the creators of Despicable Me! Twelve-year-old Ted will do anything to find a real live Truffula Tree in order to impress the girl of his dreams. As he embarks on his journey, Ted discovers the incredible story of the Lorax, a grumpy but charming creature who speaks for the trees. Featuring the voice talents of Danny DeVito, Ed Helms, Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Rob Riggle, Jenny Slate and Betty White, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax is filled with hilarious fun for everyone!




My thoughts: When the movie came out in theaters, my boys were lucky enough to watch The Lorax with their Nana. I was at the very end of my pregnancy, though, so I decided I would just be too uncomfortable to go. It is one movie, however, that I wanted to see as soon as it came out on DVD and Blu-ray. First of all, we love Dr. Seuss, and second of all, it was made by the creators of Despicable Me! We absolutely love Despicable Me! Both my boys and myself could watch it over and over without getting bored. It is definitely one of our all time favorite movies. With that in mind, I just knew The Lorax would be a great movie, and after watching it, I was not disappointed. 

I found the movie entertaining from beginning to end. I love the storyline and how it shows my boys the importance of trees in our world. We talked about how the people were living without trees in a world made of plastic, and how outrageous it was that the people had to buy the air that they needed to breathe. The colors in the movie are vibrant and the songs are catchy. My boys were also excited that there were three all-new mini-movies, and these movies were the first thing they watched when we opened the case. Overall, I think this movie might become a new family favorite in our house! 

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 7th. 


Disclosure: I received a copy of the movie to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila