Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas Special DVD Review


Each December, we look forward to watching some Christmas Classics, and also look out for some new favorite holiday specials. I was excited to hear that Ice Age had a Christmas special. I have enjoyed watching the Ice Age movies, but I thought that my boys had never seen them. When Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas Special arrived in the mail, my boys were excited to watch it. My oldest said that he had actually seen one of the Ice Age movies in school and was hoping to watch the Christmas special this season. Here is the synopsis of the movie:

In ICE AGE: A MAMMOTH CHRISTMAS, America's favorite arctic herd is busy decorating for the holiday season. In his rush to help, Sid (John Leguizamo) destroys Manny's (Ray Romano) favorite decorations. Manny is so upset he convinces Sid he is now on Santa's naughty list. Sid, Crash (Seann William Scott), Eddie (Josh Peck) and Peaches (Ciara Bravo) take off for the North Pole to plead their case to Santa (Billy Gardell). Meanwhile, Manny, Ellie (Queen Latifah) and Diego (Denis Leary), worry over Peaches' safety and race to find her. Back at the North Pole, Sid and his crew accidentally destroy Santa's Workshop on Christmas Eve, and it's up to these newfound friends to orchestrate a Christmas miracle. The instant holiday classic, directed by Karen Disher, also features the voice talent of Chris Wedge, T.J. Miller and Judah Friedlander.

Our thoughts: My boys and I really enjoyed sitting down and watching this movie together. I liked how they incorporated some of our Christmas traditions, explaining and illustrating in Ice Age Style the decorating of the Christmas Tree, Santa's Nice and Naughty List, and how it was decided to have reindeer pull Santa's sleigh. Although it is only 25 minutes, it was entertaining and fun to watch with my family. And of course, if you are wondering if Scrat and his acorn adventures appear in this movie, you will not be disappointed.


Disclosure: I received a copy of the DVD to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of this product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila