Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song DVD Review

I think growing up many girls love the story of Cinderella and hope that one day they will marry their Prince Charming. I know that I loved watching fairy tales as a child. So I was excited to review A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song, a new twist on the classic story. Here is the synopsis:

A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song is a modern and enchanting twist on a enduring classic! Katie (Lucy Hale) dreams of being a recording artist but is continually thwarted by her cruel stepmother (Missi Pyle) and stepsister (Megan Park). When Katie falls hard for Luke (Freddie Stroma), the new boy at her Performing Arts school, she tries to get his attention with her singing. But when her stepsister takes credit for Katie's amazing voice and Luke falls for the wrong girl, Katie must learn to stand up for her dreams before her stepmother forces Katie to sing Luke into the arms of her wicked stepsister at the Semester Talent Showcase.


My thoughts: With two boys at home, I did end up watching the movie by myself. But that's okay-I found it funny and entertaining. I love movies with lots of singing, and this was no exception. I did not know that Lucy Hale or Freddie Stroma could sing-and they were quite good. The songs were fun and catchy! So if you are looking for a light-hearted comedy/romance, you might want to check out this movie.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the DVD to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and my honest opinion of the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila