Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday Express Review

At the end of January, I asked my eldest son what type of party he wanted for his birthday. He immediately answered Harry Potter. However, after checking out stores with party supplies, it seemed impossible, until I came across the website Birthday Express.

Birthday Express has so many different themes to choose from (over 150), so of course they had Harry Potter. As I was browsing their website, I was impressed with not only their choices, but also their prices. They were reasonable, and the greatest part is, you can get all of your supplies without ever leaving the comfort of your own home.

Just to illustrate an example of their great prices, we considered buying the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Deluxe Party Pack for $38.99. Here is what is included as listed on their website:

Share your special birthday with Harry! Includes 8 invitations, dinner plates, cups, forks, spoons, activity placemats, 16 napkin, Harry Potter tablecover, centerpiece, foil balloon, 18 latex balloons (3 colors), curling ribbon (3 colors), crepe paper rolls (3 colors), star confetti and cake candles.

Although this is a great deal, we didn't really need invitations, crepe paper rolls, candles, and confetti. Instead we ordered, 16 dinner plates, 8 cups, 16 napkins, and a Harry Potter tablecover. We also ordered the Wizard Hat pinata, a pinata filler, and a pinata buster. To top it off, we ordered 9 Harry Potter wizard glasses. All of these items came to $60.40!













Our thoughts:
First, the package shipped very quickly. My son was ecstatic when he saw his party supplies. He loved the tablecloth because it had so many different characters on it from the Deathly Hallows. The pinata was perfect! We filled it with the pinata filler from Birthday Express, and since there was still more room in the pinata, I filled it with some other favors that I had bought. The pinata filler contained candy, as well as magnifying glasses, kaleidoscopes. yo-yos, and whistles. The two downsides to the filler were 1) one of the magnifying glasses was broke when it arrived, and 2) since we had younger children I took out the bubble gum. This pinata was very sturdy. The ages of the children at the party were 3 to 7, and after many attempts, it would not break! So we put some perforations into the pinata and it finally broke! The kids favorite toy was the whistles of course. Maybe I should have forgotten to put those in!

My son's favorite favor for the party, however, was the Harry Potter glasses. He wore them around even before the guests arrive. Of course, he also was dressed in his Harry Potter robe to greet his guests.

I was definitely impressed with Birthday Express, and it was so convenient. Quite a time saver! Instead of running around to different stores to find Harry Potter supplies, I was able to search from home. I am definitely going to check them out next year to help create the perfect theme party for my two boys.

And if you are planning a party for another event, you should check out Celebrate Express, where you can buy supplies for holiday parties, graduation parties, baby showers, sports fan parties, and religious celebrations.

Disclosure: I received the above products from Birthday Express to review. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the products.

9 comments:

  1. Themed parties are so much fun, I love all the little attention to details. Its SO GREAT when you have a resource/store that makes planning all the more easy, takes some of the headache out haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glasses. I wish I would have read this before we traveled over an hour to look for party supplies yesterday. I will definately keep them in mind for July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you posted this- I am already worrying about my son's 4th B-day in June. He wants a pretty odd theme, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! We just did a Nascar party for my son in Feb and he had a blast. I will have to check this place out for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that my kids are older, I really do miss these "themed" parties, but I am sure I could find something they would want! Great review - looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had known about this for my boy's b-day this past Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to remember them - my daughter's bday is Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. all kids love themed parties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like it would make for a fun party. If its the company I am thinking about, then they have been around for many years. I remember seeing them when my kids were little.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila