Sunday, February 17, 2013

Seventh Generation Baby Products



Over the past year, I have been trying to find more ways for my family to live a healthier, greener lifestyle. I think it started when I began to research cloth diapering and green parenting. With a new little one in the house, and more green options available now than in the past, finding ways to avoid many of the chemicals found in products became important to me. As I began looking for greener alternatives in my local stores, I came across Seventh Generation. Last year I was thrilled to be able to review some of their cleaning and disinfecting products, as well as hand soap and laundry detergent. This time around I was excited to be sent some of their products from their baby line to review.


My favorite Seventh Generation baby product is their diapers. Although we are cloth diapering our little one, we do not do it full time-more like 75% of the time. Being a heavy wetter, I feel more comfortable putting him in disposable diapers when we go out, with one of our favorite brands being Seventh Generation. Seventh Generation diapers are free of fragrances, latex, and petroleum based lotions, as well as free of chlorine processing. One of the first things I noticed about the diapers are their tan color. On their website, it is stated that they use the tan color to help distinguish their diapers from others in the marketplace that are bleached with chlorine containing substances. We have been pleased with their diapers as they have been proven to be both absorbent and leak-free, and they have been our first choice when it comes to disposables. 

My second favorite product from the Seventh Generation baby line is their Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash. With a squirmy baby, the pump makes it easy to dispense and the foam makes it easy for me to clean him. The scent is not strong, and the shampoo and wash is tear-free and does not bother his eyes.

While I know that it is almost impossible to find a truly chemical free product, it is important to me to find the healthiest ones for my family. In my opinion, Seventh Generation offers a great line of green products to help me accomplish that goal.

Disclosure: I received Seventh Generation baby products to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila