Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Big Top Scooby-Doo! Review


My boys love to watch Scooby-Doo. Recently they saw the trailer for the newest release called Big Top Scooby-Doo! and of course, they couldn't wait to watch it. When it arrived in the mail they were so excited. Here is a little about the movie from the press release:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, prepare to be dazzled by the amazing Scooby-Doo in Warner Home Video's (WHV) all-new animated feature-length movie Big Top Scooby-Doo!, which makes its debut on Blu-ray and DVD October 9, 2012. It's a spectacle consumers won't want to miss as Scooby and his pals join a circus in an attempt to investigate a series of werewolf sightings. Big Top Scooby-Doo! will be sold in a Blu-ray combo pack (includes both the Blu-ray and standard DVD and ULTRAVIOLET editions of the film), which retails for $24.98 SRP and on standard DVD, which retails for $19.98 SRP (DVD).

When the Brancusi Circus comes to town, Fred-who has always had dreams about performing under the big top-jumps at the opportunity to visit the show. Upon their arrival, Scooby and the gang learn the circus performers have been terrorized by a werewolf who has not only frightened them but has also stolen jewelry from circus spectators. The circus is blamed for the attacks and faces a potential shutdown. Desperate for help, the circus ringleader turns to Scooby-Doo and his pals. To get close to the action, they all go undercover as circus performers: Fred becoming a trapeze artist, Daphne a daring motorcycle stunt driver and Velma a human cannonball. Will they be ready to face a frightening team of circus-themed werewolves?

My thoughts: Scooby-Doo is a favorite in our household, so not only were the boys excited to watch it, but I was as well. I love a good mystery and Scooby-Doo always has one to solve. And even though the gang is up against werewolves, my boys and myself did not find this movie scary. We always know that the bad guy will be unmasked. The boys enjoyed watching the gang go undercover as circus performers. My oldest son's favorite character is Velma because she is the smart one and he loved it when she became the human cannonball. He also enjoyed watching Archambault, who is the strongman of the circus. My middle son's favorite character is Fred because he is the strong one of the gang and he loved it when he went on the tightrope. Each time I watch a Scooby-Doo movie or show I try to guess who the villain might be. However, this time I couldn't figure it out so it was a surprise when they unmasked the werewolf. This movie was a hit with both my boys and myself and is a great addition to our Scooby-Doo collection.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the movie to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila