Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sodastream Review



For about a year now I have been keeping my eye on Sodastream. I have read reviews online and seen it sold in stores and thought what a cool idea. It was just something that I wanted to try out. I was very excited when I found out that I was going to be given the chance to review one of the Sodastream systems. It would also make a perfect addition to our new home. 


When my Sodastream package came in the mail, I immediately opened it up and wanted to try it. I was sent the Fountain Jet with one 60 liter Carbonator, one carbonating bottle, ten Sodamix flavors, and a MyWater Flavor Essence variety three pack. The first time, I made the soda myself. It was extremely easy. I just filled the carbonating bottle with water and let it chill in the refrigerator. A while later, I hooked up the Carbonator to the Fountain Jet and then twisted the carbonating bottle in. Next I pushed down on the top button three times to add carbonation. It is important that you push down so that it actually buzzes. Last I unhooked the bottle and added a flavor. It was so easy, that the next time we made soda, I let my two boys ages 4 and 7 help out.


My thoughts: I love a few things about Sodastream. First of all it is easy to use and does not require batteries or electricity. Second, it is cheaper than regular soda in the store (of course, after the initial purchase). One soda mix is equal to 33 cans of soda or 12 liters. If you buy just one sodamix online it can cost anywhere from $5 to $10, but they also offer a 12 pack variety mix for $9.99. Last, it takes up less room in my closet or refrigerator-and no more recycling. So far we have tried out three flavors: cola, diet lemon-lime, and cranberry-raspberry. My favorite of the three was cranberry-raspberry, but I can't wait to try out the rest.

So if you are looking for a perfect Christmas gift for that soda-lover, you might want to check out Sodastream.

Disclosure: I received the above products to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and my honest opinion of the product.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila