Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Looney Tunes Show Season 1 Volume 1 DVD Review


 Over the summer, my boys caught an episode of The Looney Tunes Show on TV and they loved it. So they were thrilled when we received The Looney Tunes Show Season 1 Volume 1 DVD to review. Recently released in stores on September 27, here is the synopsis:

In The Looney Tunes Show, screen icons Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck return in this all-new modern comedy series, joined by fan-favorite Looney Tunes characters. Bugs and Daffy haven't changed - but their living situation has. Bugs is as brazen, sarcastic and ahead-of-the-game as ever, and Daffy, despite his narcissistic, sociopathic and paranoid tendencies, is Bugs' best friend and seemingly permanent houseguest. No longer confined to seven-minute shorts, their larger-than-life personalities (and egos) offer an irreverent, comical take on our modern world and introduce a whole new realm of possibilities. Now Bugs and Daffy can wreck as much havoc at the grocery store or the DMV as they once did in the forest.

Rounding out the cast are Porky Pig, Lola, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, the Tasmanian Devil, Marvin the Martian, Tweety, Sylvester, Granny, Gossamer and the newest character of the bunch, Daffy's no-nonsense girlfriend, Tina. The series also features Merrie Melodies-animated music videos of original songs spotlighting everyone from Elmer Fudd to Pepe Le Pew-plus all new adventures with the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote in stunning CG.

Our thoughts: For family movie night, my two boys and myself sat down and watched all four episodes. In the first episode called Best Friends, Bugs and Daffy's friendship is tested on a game show. I enjoyed this episode the best of the four as it challenges Daffy to become a better friend to Bugs. In the second episode called Jailbird and Jailbunny, Daffy gets caught littering. Due to the fact that he doesn't want to admit he was wrong and pay a $50 fine, Bugs and Daffy end up in jail because of contempt. This was my oldest son's favorite episode of the four as he found it funny how each coped with being in jail. In the third episode, Members Only, Daffy pretends to be a member of a country club. When Daffy brings Bugs as his guest, Bugs meets Lola Bunny who falls for him. In the last episode called Fish and Visitors, Yosemite Sam is invited to stay at Bugs and Daffy's house during a power outage and drives the duo crazy.

Watching the crazy adventures of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck reminded me of my childhood days- and I love it that my boys enjoyed these characters as well.  Same old characters, but great new episodes.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the DVD to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and my honest opinion of the product.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent!
    Thanks for sharing, my friend! I enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I fondly remember watching the looney tunes as a kid. This would be a great way to introduce my own kids to the looney tunes.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila