Sunday, July 31, 2011

Arthur Blu-Ray Combo Pack Review


Recently, I received the Arthur Blu-ray combo pack to review. Although I didn't think that it would be my type of movie, I knew that my husband wanted to see it. He actually watched it without me first and thought it was a really good movie, but I needed to see it myself to decide. Here is the synopsis of the movie:


Russell Brand reinvents the role of lovable billionaire Arthur Bach, an irresponsible charmer who has always relied on two things to get by: his limitless fortune and lifelong nanny Hobson (Academy Award winner Helen Mirren) to keep him out of trouble. Now he faces his biggest challenge: choosing between an arranged marriage to ambitious corporate exec Susan (Jennifer Garner) that will ensure his lavish lifestyle, or an uncertain future with the one thing money can't buy-Naomi (Greta Gerwig), his true love. With Naomi's inspiration and some unconventional help from Hobson, Arthur will take the most expensive risk of his life and learn what it means to be a man in this reimagining of the beloved Oscar-winning romantic comedy Arthur.


My thoughts: What is more important: love or money? As I watched Arthur this seemed to be the main question, and I am glad that Arthur got it right. I have to admit I really liked the movie. Arthur was just like a little kid and so irresponsible with his money. One of my favorite scenes that illustrates this point is his first date with Naomi. He rents out Grand Central Terminal for 45 minutes, covers the floor with rose petals, and has a waiter deliver a platter of Pez. Arthur also hired acrobats to perform in the background. He has his own movie theater and owns a bunch of cars that have been in movies such as the Batmobile and the Mystery Incorporated Van from Scooby Doo. But his irresponsible behavior gets him in trouble and his mother gives him an ultimatum: marry Susan (who would be a great asset and can run the company in the future) or give up his rich lifestyle and money. As he is struggling with his decision, an event in his life forces him to start learning how to take care of himself instead of relying on others. With a little push from Hobson, he decides that it is more important to follow his heart. I thought that it was quite funny the things that Arthur comes up with and I am glad that he learned a few valuable lessons throughout the movie. If you are in the mood to watch a romantic comedy that will definitely make you laugh, I would recommend Arthur, which is available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand and for Download.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the DVD to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the product.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the review! i am gonna go get this dvd. :D

    p.s. i think it's really cool that you got a dvd to review! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila