Saturday, June 4, 2011

Looking For That Perfect TV Stand?

When we were looking to buy a new LCD TV, I told my husband that we needed to find a TV stand first. Our current stand that we had for our 32 inch TV, just wouldn't do. Not only would it not fit a flat screen, but that stand was old since we had gotten it as a hand me down from my parents. But finding that perfect stand was not easy.

There were so many different types of TV stands: oak TV stands, corner entertainment centers, cabinets with doors, and fireplace stands. We were looking for a pretty large TV stand that had cabinets with doors, as well as plenty of space to store DVDs. In my current stand, I had stored all of our DVDs, as well as my photo albums, scrapbooks, and boxes of photos, so I needed a new stand that could hold all of that.


I wish at the time, that I had heard about Cymax because they have a large selection to choose from. As I browsed their website, two in particular caught my eye. The first one was the Coaster Fullerton Transitional Media Console with Glass Doors. I just love that it has room on the ends to hold DVDs and Blu-rays, and it also has glass doors to store your consoles.



The other stand that caught my eye is the Southern Enterprises Tillman Glazed Pine Media Console with Electric Fireplace. I have always wanted a fireplace in our home and this combines an TV stand with a fireplace. I will certainly keep this in mind for the future.

So what type of TV stand is your favorite?




9 comments:

  1. I definitely like the first one. I like the black. They look like they have a wide selection of TV stands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the Media console with the electric fireplace underneath. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a TV here in our home but I could think of a TON of uses for a TV stand! The second one is GORGEOUS. WOW. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that tv stand is super nice, i like the options as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need one that can accommodate all our gaming systems! I've heard about Cymax a bit recently but hadn't before - I really need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a fireplace tv stand.. That's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We actually are looking for a perfect tv stand but we need one to fit an old "tube" tv that we have in the bedrooms! Every place we look either only has flat screen ones or they have tube tv stands that are part of a big entertainment center which we have no room for! I will have to check out cymax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the kind where the doors close. I don't like to see the TV during the day! They have some nice options at Cymax don't they!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The one with the fireplace is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, it would be a little overkill down here in south Florida. We don't have weather cool enough to use it. :-(

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila