Sunday, November 14, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide: Cradle Rock Review

When my two boys were born, I loved singing lullabies to them. Of course, I sang them traditional lullabies, like Lullaby and Goodnight and Hush, Little Baby. But recently, I found out that you can buy lullaby versions of songs recorded by some of your favorite artists. I was very excited to review the "Cradle Rock" Albums which include the hit songs from Michael Jackson, Kenny Chesney, and Johnny Cash.

"The 'Cradle Rock' lullabies are unlike any other in the marketplace today, since we wanted to focus on iconic artists and albums that appeal to music fans across a wide variety of genres," says Steve Jones, CEO of Brash Music. "Each project is produced with child and parent in mind, so the melodic structure and tempo of each song stays true to the original." Jones says most lullaby releases are a collection of hits or compilations by various artists. 'While some projects in the Cradle Rock series follow a compilation model, most are replications of entire albums in lullaby form.
My favorite of the three albums is "Thrillaby" which is based on Michael Jackson's Thriller album. It brought me back to my childhood, when I loved to listen to songs such as Thriller, Beat It, and Billie Jean. Who would have thought that any of these songs could be turned into a lullabye? But Brash Music and Tree Top Records partnered to make these lullabies possible. "Thrillabye" features: Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Baby Be Mine, The Girl Is Mine, Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, Human Nature, P.Y.T., and The Lady In My Life.


The Kenny Chesney collection is made up of number one singles including: Out Last Night, Living In Fast Forward, Young, Summertime, Beer in Mexico, There Goes My Life, When The Sun Goes Down, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems, The Good Stuff, and Never Wanted Nothing More. The Johnny Cash collection is based on "The Legent of Johnny Cash, Volume One" and features: Cry, Cry, Cry, Folsom Prison Blues, I Walk the Line, Ring of Fire, Jackson, Boy Named Sue, Rusty Cage, Man Comes Around, I've Been Everywhere, and Hurt.


Dating back to ancient cultures, science demonstrates the importance of lullabies in the development of children. "Babies are actually born with a basic sense of timing, rhythm and tone," says producer Stephen Gause, "which is why soothing lullabies help speed up the process of falling asleep." Gause says the albums are for true and dedicated music fans who want to share popular music with their children. "Cradle Rock" albums, distributed by The Warner Music Group, will be available at www.cradlerockstore.com, through all digital distribution services like iTunes for $9.99, and at music retail outlets across the United States for $11.98.

All of the lullabies are so soothing and it is a great way to share songs of my childhood with my boys.

Disclosure: I received a copy of all three CDs to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila