Monday, October 12, 2009

The Gratitude Challenge Day 6 and Day 7

The Challenge for Day 6 is: Take a few minutes to call someone you haven't talked to in a while. Tell them how much you appreciate them.

The Challenge for Day 7 is: Take a picture of one thing, person, place or specific moment that makes you feel grateful. Share it with your social network.

This summer my family went to Disney World. So although I did not take this picture today, the moments spent with my family in Disney make me feel grateful. I loved this family vacation, because I felt like we had uninterrupted time spent together. When we went on our vacation this summer, there was no work, computer, tv, or phones to distract us. This was my children's first time at Disney World, and it gave us the opportunity to see the parks through the eyes of a child. My kids loved the characters. And I got to admit, I enjoyed seeing them and getting pictures with them, myself. My kids ask quite frequently when will we be going back.

To the left is another one of my favorite pictures taken at Disney's Hollywood Studios. That's me in a set getting about 800 gallons of water poured on me. My husband and I volunteered to act out a scene during the Backlot Tour. The purpose of this particular part of the tour, is to show how a battle scene at sea might be filmed.
We were both excited to participate, and they gave me a special suit to wear, so I really didn't get that wet. Overall, we had a lot of fantastic family moments.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Darlin...
    Glad to hear you had a great time. I love how you say you got to see it through the eyes of a child. I have been dying to take Trinity there for that very reason. Disneyland is my all time favorite place in the world... even went there on my honeymoon!! (I'm divorced now...maybe that's why) LOL
    Anyway, thanks for sharing. How wonderful when you can have "un-interrupted family time"... good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this gratitude challenge! Great post! Love the Disney pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila