Monday, August 18, 2014

Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy Review

Disclosure: I received a copy of the movie to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the movie.



Scooby-Doo and those "meddling kids," Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma are back! In this spooky adventure, Velma discovers she's inherited her great-great-uncle Dr. Von Dinkenstein's cursed castle in the terrifying town of Transylvania...Pennsylvania, that is. Just when the Gang persuades Velma to claim her inheritance, the ghost of Dinkenstein Castle blows up the Mystery Machine as a warning to the group that each of them will lose what is most dear to them if they continue to pursue the mystery of the castle. Now the gang must spring into action to solve the mystery while also dealing with the threats from Dinkenstein's ghost. Can Fred work without his precious Mystery Machine? What happens to Daphne when she loses her good looks? And how will Scooby and Shaggy ever work without their appetites? More importantly, what family secret has Velma been hiding all along?



Our thoughts:  A few days ago, I made popcorn and then cuddled up on the couch with my boys to watch Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy. My boys had already watched it once, but were pretty good at not giving away any clues so that I could guess who the villain might be. The first time they watched it, they thought it was good but a little creepy. As I watched the movie with them, I definitely became interested in the storyline. One of my favorite parts of the movie was watching Scooby and Shaggy take on different personalities. Instead of being scared of monsters and hungry all of the time, they became courageous and actually turned down food. I kept wondering what happened to cause them to act that way and of course I was enlightened at the end of the movie of the reason.

Throughout the movie it does appear to the gang that the curse is real and they are each losing what is important to them. Fred loses the Mystery Machine, Daphne loses her good looks, and Shaggy and Scooby lose their appetite. Despite losing what seems important to them, they are able to still work together and solve the mystery. I liked it at the end when Velma states they could not lose what is most dear to them, because it is their friendship that is most important.

The Blu-ray® combo pack and the DVD will be available on August 19 and would make a great family-friendly movie for Halloween.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila