Saturday, October 26, 2013

Bones: Season 8 Blu-ray Review




Disclosure: I received a copy of the Blu-ray to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the product.

My week is so busy that I do not watch too much TV. There are only three shows that I watch when I have the time. However, out of those three, the one that I always make time for is Bones. I have been watching it since the beginning and absolutely love it, so I was very excited when I received the newest Blu-ray release in the mail. Here is a little about Bones: Season 8:

Unearth even more thrills from Bones Season Eight with all-new content only available here! Finally cleared of wrongdoing, Bones reunites with Booth (David Boreanaz) and the squints. Although the team solves some of their most challenging cases yet, madman Christopher Pelant continues his murderous rampage-inching closer to Bones and Booth daily. From solving the mystery of a roller derby darling's demise to uncovering a previously unrecognized 9/11 hero to stopping a pandemic, Bones and the team make one remarkable discovery after another. Meanwhile, as if the challenges Booth faces with parenthood and his unique relationship with Bones aren't enough, his mother shows up after a 24-year absence, and there is shocking news about some of his colleagues. Relive all of the 24 killer episodes! 

My thoughts:  As I mentioned before, I am a huge Bones fan. This season, just like all of the others, kept me watching to see what was going to happen next. Season 7 left off with Bones on the run after being framed for murder by Chris Pelant. So the first episode, called "The Future in the Past," was quite exciting to see how her name was cleared from this crime. While all of the episodes were great, there were a few that stood out. One was called "The Ghost in the Machine," and was told from the perspective of the deceased. Another one is called "The Shot in the Dark," where Brennan is shot and she sees her deceased mother during hallucinations. The last one that stood out was the final episode called "The Secret in the Siege," where Pelant returns again and Booth may be his next target. It is finally in this episode, that Brennan asks Booth to marry her and of course, Pelant puts a twist to their plans. I have to admit, that I had mixed feelings about the last episode. While it did keep me on the edge of my seat, it was not quite the ending I had hoped for. It left things up in the air and made me feel like September was too long to wait to watch the new season.

Watching Bones since the beginning of the show, I have to share that I think their writers are amazing! I have never been disappointed with a season yet. The actors and actresses do a fantastic job portraying their characters, and I love the squinterns. I just can't wait to see what they have in store for the rest of Season 9. If you have never watched Bones, I would encourage you to check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila