Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shindigz Review


At the beginning of March, we started planning for my oldest son's birthday. I asked him what theme he was interested in, and he immediately responded with Star Wars. Next it was time to find the perfect party supplies. I have learned over the past few years that it is much easier to order party supplies online from the comfort of my own home. This year I was excited to work with Shindigz, which is a family owned company that has been in business for the past 86 years.


Shindigz is a party supply store that has a huge selection of 36,000 items to meet all of your needs no matter what type of party you are throwing. With a Star Wars theme in mind, my son and I checked out the site and found quite a selection at reasonable prices. We picked out enough supplies to cover both the family party we had for him, as well as the party with his friends. He loved the Star Wars Opposing Forces Plates that came in three different designs, and we also ordered the tablecloth, napkins, and cups. Next we checked out party favors. For the most part we stuck with the Star Wars theme, choosing Star Wars stickers, yo-yos, Stormtrooper masks, and Galaxy Slime. We also ordered glow in the dark swords which I thought was a close substitute for lightsabers, Tinkerbell stickers (since we had two girls at the party), and funny eyeglasses with a nose. Last we chose totes in a variety of colors to put the party favors in, as well as a Darth Vadar Pinata.



Our thoughts: Ordering was easy and the package shipped quickly.  The pinata not only made for a fun activity, but we used it as a centerpiece as well. This year, the pinata we chose was a pull string pinata. In the past we have had trouble with the kids actually breaking through a pinata with a bat, so we were anxious to see how the pull string would work. We were just hoping that the first string to be pulled would not be the lucky one-to help add to the suspense. Fortunately,  it took a few rounds before the correct string was pulled. The only downside to this pinata was that the hole to put the candy and toys in was on the small side. I was thinking of trying to put the yo-yos or Galaxy Slime into the pinata, but they wouldn't fit. But that's okay-I picked up an Easter bag of miniature candies and the candies fit perfectly into the pinata. I just saved the toys for the favor bags. I also decided the color totes might be too small for the favors, but just the perfect size for the kids to collect their treasure in from the pinata. My son was very happy with all the party supplies we chose for his birthday, and both my sons loved the party favors.





Overall, Shindigz helped us plan the perfect Star Wars party for my son-all from the comfort of my own home. I would definitely recommend them for your party supply needs-whether it is a birthday party, themed party, holiday party, graduation party, or a special event in your life such as a bridal or baby shower.


Disclosure: I received the above products from Shindigz to review. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the products.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun party! My pre-schoolers would have flipped for it! New Follower =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila