Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Dolphin Tale" Blu-ray Combo Pack Review

 Are you looking for a heartwarming story to watch with your family? If so, I would recommend "Dolphin Tale", which was inspired by the true story of Winter. We had hoped to see this movie in the theaters, but our summer was so busy that it didn't happen. Here is the synopsis of the movie:
 
Swimming free, a young dolphin is caught in a crab trap, severely damaging her tail. She is rescued and transported to the Clearwater Marine Hospital, where she is named Winter. But her fight for survival has just begun. 

Losing her tail may cost Winter her life. It will take the expertise of a dedicated marine biologist, the ingenuity of a brilliant prosthetics doctor, and the unwavering devotion of a young boy to bring about a groundbreaking miracle-a miracle that might not only save Winter but could also help thousands of people around the world.

The real Winter, who plays herself in "Dolphin Tale," today serves as a symbol of courage and hope, to millions of people-especially those facing their own physical challenges-who have been touched by her remarkable story of recovery and rehabilitation.



My thoughts: We put this movie in to watch for family movie night, and at the beginning my boys were less than thrilled. Although they sat in the living room with my husband and me, they felt that playing their DS would be more entertaining. However, it was not long before they were watching the movie as well. I have always enjoyed watching true stories, and this was no exception. I really loved this movie! Despite their hesitation at the beginning, my boys did enjoy the movie as well. It was family friendly, heartwarming, uplifting, and inspiring. It even brought tears to my eyes at times. This movie is a great addition to our movie collection.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the Blu-ray Combo Pack to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila