Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our New Bathrooms

I have an announcement to make-we finally found our future dream home! We can't wait until we can move in and make it our own. This home is almost perfect. We put an offer on a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home that has a dining room and a two-car garage. There were only a few things that it didn't have which were very minor-such as central air conditioning and large bathrooms. However, the condition of the bathrooms were very impressive.Compared to the other homes we looked at, these bathrooms are immaculate. I would have preferred a larger master bathroom, but I am excited just to have a master bathroom at all. Each bathroom looks like it has been remodeled with a vanity faucet and a stylish sink. The master bathroom has a stand in shower with a built-in seat, the kids' bathroom has a tub in it, and there is a half bath downstairs. We are used to sharing one bathroom, so having 2.5 bathrooms is a luxury for us.



Now since the master bathroom is smaller than I would have preferred, maybe I will consider buying a make up desk for our bedroom. Although I do not wear a lot of make up (just foundation under my eyes and lipstick), a bedroom vanity would be useful when I am getting ready in the morning, as well as provide more storage for some of my special possessions. Just something simple, but practical would fit my tastes, such as the Powell Furniture Heirloom Cherry Wood Make up Vanity Table Set with Mirror. I love that this vanity has room to store jewelry, since I do not have a fancy jewelry box.

Of course, it will be a while before I actually look at new furniture for our home and the boys will probably get it first. We really need a new dresser, since they share a dresser now and when we move they will have their own rooms. But we are very excited about our dream home.




6 comments:

  1. ooooh, now i want to re-decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jewelry armoire. Would love to have one of those in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a make up desk such as the one picture would look great in a master bedroom. Even if you don't wear makeup much the one pictured would be great for fixing your hair storing jewelry etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cymax does have some great stores...I love the looks of that faucet too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the custom faucets! Makes me almost...but not quite...wish we could remodel.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila