Saturday, April 11, 2015

Teen Titans Go!: Appetite For Disruption Season 2 Part 1 DVD Review


Disclosure: I received a copy of the DVD to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the DVD. 

Teen Titans fans can relive the latest adventures when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) releases Teen Titans Go!: Appetite for Disruption Season 2 Part 1 on DVD April 14, 2015. The two-disc DVD set is priced to own for $19.97 SRP and features over 4 hours of content on 2 DVD discs! Teen Titans Go!, which consistently ranked as the #1 show for kids 6-11 on Cartoon Network has been renewed for a third season of fun and mayhem.

In Season 2 Part 1, the Teen Titans return with a whole new bevy of baddies, beverages and adventures! Partner up with Robin, Cyborg, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy to defend Jump City against slimy monsters, tyrannical villains and of course, crime fighting induced hunger pains. Every vote counts when the Teen Titans hold team leader elections, Beast Boy dials up the "man-factor" with his new robotic limbs, while Raven races to save the cotton candy bushes from the Gumdrop Goblin. It's a titan red alert with 26 gut-punching, gut-busting adventures in this all-new collection.



Our thoughts: My boys absolutely love the show Teen Titans Go! I think the last time I checked, they had around 55 episodes saved on our DVR. So when I was asked to review the Teen Titans Go! Appetite For Disruption Season 2 Part 1 DVD, I knew that my kids would be excited. Although my kids love the show, this is really the first time that I sat down and watched some episodes with them. 

This cartoon focuses on five main characters. Robin is the leader of the Teen Titans. Starfire is an alien princess who is learning how to fit in on Earth. Cyborg is half human and half robot. Raven is a half demon, and Beast Boy can transform into any animal. My oldest son's favorite characters are Robin and Raven. He likes Robin because he is the leader of the group, and he likes Raven because she has magic. My other son's favorite character is Cyborg because he is a robot machine.

The two-disc DVD set contains 26 eleven minute episodes. One of my oldest son's favorite episode was called "Caramel Apples." In this episode Raven's demon father, Trigon, has arrived to destroy Jump City and the world because Raven did not get him a Father's Day present. When Raven tells Starfire why her father is upset, Starfire makes Trigon a picture which makes him happy. He stops trying to destroy the Earth and starts spending time with Starfire. This upsets Raven and she starts fighting with Starfire, which she soon discovers her father wanted her to do all along. The girls apologize to each other and send Trigon away.

This cartoon definitely entertains my boys, and now that they own a DVD with 26 episodes I can finally delete some of the shows on our DVR! If you have a Teen Titan Go! fan in your house, I would definitely recommend this DVD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila