Sunday, August 19, 2012

ACT OF VALOR DVD Review

My husband and I both enjoy a good action movie, so when we heard about ACT OF VALOR, we wanted to see it. Here is the synopsis of the movie:

The only easy day was yesterday. In the Bandito Brothers' ACT OF VALOR, an elite military force, portrayed by active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs, carries out an impossible mission with insane courage and incredible teamwork in one of the most gripping and emotionally charged movies of the year. Landing June 5th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, the ACT OF VALOR Blu-ray and DVD is loaded with extras including several deleted scenes, interviews with Navy SEALs, director's commentary, exclusive featurettes, including a look at the real bullets and tactics used during filming, and much more! ACT OF VALOR was theatrically released by Relativity Media on February 24th and became the No. 1 movie in America in its debut.

An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, ACT OF VALOR stars a group of active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs, alongside actors Roselyn Sanchez, Alex Veadov, Jason Cottle and Nester Serrano, in a film like no other in Hollywood's history. A fictionalized account of real life Navy SEAL operation, ACT OF VALOR features a riveting story that takes audiences on an adrenaline-fueled, edge-of-their seat journey.

When a mission to recover a kidnapped CIA operative unexpectedly results in the discovery of an imminent, terrifying global threat, an elite team of highly trained Navy SEALs must immediately embark on a heart-stopping secret operation, the outcome of which will determine the fate of us all.

ACT OF VALOR combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the-minute battlefield technology, and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure film-showcasing the skills, training and tenacity of the greatest action heroes of them all: real Navy SEALs.


My thoughts: I appreciate and respect the men and women who fight for our country, but I have to admit I do not know too much about the military. When I heard about ACT OF VALOR, I knew that real Navy SEALs were acting in the movie, but I didn't know exactly what they did in real life. This movie gave me a much better understanding of what they do for our country. In case you are like me and do not know who the Navy SEALs are here is a brief explanation. SEAL stands for Sea, Air, and Land teams and they are a very elite special operations team. As I watched the movie, it gave me an idea of the dangerous missions these men go through in order to protect our country. This movie was filled with action from the beginning to the end. It shows the planning these men undergo for a mission, the commitment and loyalty towards each other, and the sacrifice that these men make for our country. If you enjoy watching a military movie, I would definitely recommend ACT OF VALOR.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the movie to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila