Friday, May 18, 2012

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked Blu-ray Review

My boys love watching the Chipmunks get into all sorts of trouble so they were very excited when the latest release Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked arrived in the mail for us to review. Not only were they excited, but I got to admit I was as well. Here is a synopsis about the movie:

The Chipmunks, Chipettes and their caretaker Dave Seville (Jason Lee; "My Name is Earl") embark on a trip of a lifetime aboard the Carnival Dream cruise ship. Seeking fun and excitement, the Chipmunks turn the luxury cruise liner into their own personal playground. But the ultimate vacation quickly becomes a disaster when the Chipmunks, Dave and Carnival cruise pelican mascot, who turns out to be the chipmunks' old manager, Ian Hawke (David Cross; Megamind), accidentally fall overboard and find themselves 'chipwrecked' on a remote island. Stuck in an unfamiliar territory, the six furry castaways are separated from Dave and must figure out a way to survive on their own for the first time in their lives.

Our thoughts: Growing up I can remember watching Alvin and the Chipmunks on TV. I even had a record with some of their songs that I listened and sang to. So I love that my boys enjoy watching the Chipmunks too. We actually saw this movie in the theater and enjoyed it so much that we knew we wanted to own the Blu-ray. In this movie, my favorite part is that Alvin and Simon have the chance to take on different roles due to their circumstances on the remote island. When Simon is bit by a spider his personality changes to an adventurous chipmunk who is not afraid of danger. As a result, Alvin learns to be more responsible. This movie is entertaining with many catchy songs and family friendly as well-just perfect for our family movie night!

Disclosure: I received a copy of the movie to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila