Saturday, January 28, 2012

Zumba Fitness 2 Review


Growing up I loved to dance-I took lesson for years in tap, jazz, and ballet. I also enjoyed attending school dances with my friends. Dancing was not only fun for me, but a great way to stay in shape. I kept up with dancing at college through ballet and modern classes. However, after college, when I started working, it got harder for me to find the time to exercise. And so without exercising and having two kids, I have put on more weight than I would like. With baby #3 on the way, I know that after pregnancy I need to find a way to get back in shape. It has to be convenient-with three kids I do not see me finding the time to head to the gym and it has to keep me interested. I've never been one to just walk or run on a treadmill. So I was excited when asked to review the Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii.

Last year, I had first learned about Zumba® and I have been wanting to try it out. The original Zumba® Fitness game sold 3 million copies worldwide, so I knew that the sequel would be fun to review. Here is a little about the game Zumba® Fitness 2:

The sequel, Zumba® Fitness 2, features more than 30 new sizzling dance tracks from the Zumba® program, many created by Grammy-winning producers. The latest title gets players moving with Zumba creator Beto and international celebrity instructors Tanya Beardsley and Gina Grant as they guide players through exhilarating choreography that spans 20 different international dance styles. For the first time, players can customize their own class with their favorite routines, follow their improvement through an all new Progress tracker and track calories burned. Whether playing in Single Song, Full Class or Zumba Party modes that support up to 4 dancers, players will have a blast with this unique dance fitness experience that shapes, tones and transforms their bodes and makes them forget they're even exercising.

My thoughts: I was excited to give this fitness game a try and it did not disappoint. I like that you can choose to play a single song or a full class. You can also choose whether you want a low, medium, or high intensity workout. Being about 7 months pregnant, I decided that a single song, low-intensity workout would be the best for me. As you follow the moves of the animated figure, a box will also appear to prepare you for what the next movement will be.  If you need extra practice with the moves, you can choose the Learn the Steps mode, where Beto teaches you four different moves associated with Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia and Reggaeton. I also like that it comes with a fitness belt so that you do not need to hold onto the controller.

In my opinion, this game is fun, and also provides you with a good workout as well. 

Disclosure: I received a copy of the game to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the product.


1 comment:

  1. zumba is now getting popular, especially to those who wanted to loss weight.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila