Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happiness Is...Peanuts: Snow Days DVD Review

My boys have been waiting for snow this year, and it seemed like it would never come. We had snow once before and they had fun playing in it, but it didn't stay on the ground more than a few hours that day. Yesterday we had snow that actually stuck to the ground  (although thin enough that you can see grass) and my boys were so excited. It seemed fitting then to watch Happiness Is... Peanuts: Snow Days. Here is the synopsis of the DVD:

Happiness is…Peanuts™: Snow Days – The newest Peanuts collection of stories celebrates everyone’s favorite thing about a long chilly winter: snow days! This DVD is comprised of one newly remastered classic Peanuts television special, She’s a Good Skate, Charlie Brown and one episode of The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show. In She’s a Good Skate, Charlie Brown, Peppermint Patty trains for a figure skating competition with Snoopy as her tough coach, and crafty costume designer. The smiles continue with three short tales from The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show including: The Play; Sweet Babboo! and Snoopy’s Story. It may get cold outside but the Peanuts kids are sure to bring lots of warmth and happiness into everyone’s homes this winter! 

My thoughts: As a young girl, I can remember watching Charlie Brown around the holidays and reading Charlie Brown in the Sunday paper. However, I do not think that I ever saw these two features as a girl. As I sat down with my youngest, I was excited to share with him some of my favorite characters from my youth. Although, I enjoyed watching She's A Good Skate, Charlie Brown which focuses on Peppermint Patty, my favorite was The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show which features all of the lovable Peanuts characters. Cuddling up and watching these two features made for a great snowy afternoon.

Disclosure: I received the DVD to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and my honest opinion of the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila