Friday, August 12, 2011

Decorating My Boys' Bedrooms

As we prepare for our upcoming move, I can't wait to start decorating my two boys' bedrooms. For the past four years, they have shared a bedroom, so having their own will be a big change for them. To make the move more exciting, I told them that they could pick a theme to decorate their room in.

One thing that I eventually would like to buy for my boys is a headboard. Right now they just have a bedframe. As I was browsing More Headboards, I noticed how many different types they have to choose from. There are headboards for full sized beds, as well as twin, queen, and king headboards.
I think that my boys would like a bookcase headboard, especially my oldest who loves to read before he goes to bed. With a bookcase headboard, his favorite books would be very close to reach. We are also considering a Harry Potter theme for his room, since he is a huge fan. He just needs to decide if he wants a bedspread similar to the one Harry Potter had in Gryffindor, or a bedspread with some of the characters on it. I found wall decals that will be perfect to decorate with, and we already own the Mirror of Erised and the Marauder's Map.

As far as my youngest son, he is considering a Superhero theme-maybe an Avengers bedspread. He would be thrilled if it had Captain America on it, and of course we would decorate his wall with all kinds of decals as well.

Either way, as the move gets closer I have mixed emotions. I will be sad to leave, while excited about our new home. I am also trying not to feel too stressed as we start packing. I have already packed around 25 boxes, and it feels like I have not even scratched the surface. If you have any packing ideas, I would love to hear them.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila