Monday, July 4, 2011

Review of the EA Sports Active 2 for Wii

After having two boys, getting back into shape has not been easy for me. It really is my own fault-I am not motivated to exercise. That's part of the reason I asked for the Wii Fit for my birthday. It seemed like an easy way to exercise, while having fun at the same time. Another program that was recommended by a coworker was the EA SPORTS Active 2 for the Wii. She really loved this program and said that it was fun too. After checking it out in the store a few times, I was thrilled when given the opportunity to review the program. Here is a little about it:

EA SPORTS Active 2 is your own personal trainer who helps you feel great and stay fit. Aerobics, upper body, lower body, full body, core, cardio, and plenty more fitness workouts and strengthening exercises are ready and waiting for you. Each fitness workout is scaled to match your workout needs while challenging your muscular strength and endurance, aerobic capacity, flexibility, and can improve you body composition. It's the fun and easy way to get in or stay in shape!


My thoughts: The EA SPORTS Active 2 has been fun and challenging to work out with. I enjoyed creating my own person and then you have the opportunity to choose your workout schedule by picking which four days of the week you will workout. The program comes with the Total Body Tracking system that includes a heart rate monitor and a wireless motion tracking device. As I perform each part of the workout, I love how you can watch your BPM on the screen, as well as how many calories you have burned.

I chose an easier workout to start with, because it has been a while since I have exercised. The first few days were challenging, but I really enjoyed it. Sometimes I forget that I am working out. For example, in one of the workouts, I was practicing hitting a soccer ball with my head to hit a target. Even though this was fun and challenging, the workout part of it was squatting and jumping - and I could feel it in my muscles the next day.

I have enjoyed working out with the EA SPORTS Active 2, and I also love that my boys want to work out along side of me. I am looking forward to losing some weight and toning up by the end of the summer.

Disclosure: I received the EA SPORTS Active 2 to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the product.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have EA Sports 2 yet, but I've had great success with EA Sports 1 and have now lost 10 pounds! I'm looking forward to trying out #2! Best of luck to you on your fitness journey :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila