Saturday, April 9, 2011

Super Why! Humpty Dumpty and other Fairytale Adventures DVD Review


My boys like to watch TV from time to time, so I love it when they can watch a show that is both educational and entertaining. That's why we like Super Why! I love that my children can learn about reading from Whyatt and the gang as they go on their adventures.

The newest DVD release is called Super Why! Humpty Dumpty and other Fairytale Adventures. Here is a brief synopsis from the press release:

Super Why, Princess Presto, Wonder Red and Alpha Pig are back with four new-to-DVD adventures! Join Super Why and his pals as they continue to teach children the fundamentals of reading through interactive adventures in classic fairytales including Humpty Dumpty, Cinderella, Pinocchio and Rumpelstiltskin. From Out of the Blue Enterprises, PBS KIDS and Paramount Home Entertainment, comes SUPER WHY! HUMPTY DUMPTY & OTHER FAIRYTALE ADVENTURES, the latest installment in the award winning franchise “SUPER WHY!” The DVD includes four exciting and educational adventures, interactive games, music videos, resources for parents, printable activities and coloring pages.

Our thoughts: My boys' favorite episode was Pinocchio. In this episode, Whyatt has told a lie and feels guilty about it, so they enter the story of Pinocchio. I love that this story can not only help teach kids about the basics of reading, but it also teaches them how to deal with lying. My boys found it funny that as Pinocchio lied his nose grew. We have told our boys that it is always better to tell the truth at the beginning, than to be caught in a lie.

My boys also enjoy watching Whyatt and the gang tackle their every day problems because they are super heroes. They love that Whyatt has a cape and mask. So if you are looking for both an educational and entertaining DVD for your children, I would definitely recommend Super Why!

Disclosure: I was sent a copy of Super Why! by M80 on behalf of Paramount Home Entertainment to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila