Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Gratitude Challenge Day 8

The challenge for day 8 states: Send thank-you notes to five people who deserve a little recognition.

I got to tell you, I always put off thank-you notes. I think that they are important, but I always struggle writing them. I try to make sure to write notes for presents given from extended family, friends, and students. So this challenge is really a challenge for me.

In this challenge, I do want to say thank-you for all of my faithful followers and also for the comments that you share. I do appreciate the time you take to read my blog.

To end, I want to share a recent note of recognition that I got on Friday. On Friday, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a note from one of the teachers at the high school in the district where I work. He was starting a new tradition, where he asked each student to pick out "one teacher or school related staff member they feel has had the greatest impact on their life in general or as a student." I was honored to receive this letter with the name of a student listed. Often as a teacher, you hope and wonder have you made a difference in the lives of your students. Many times we may never know. I was very grateful for this uplifting note.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. Thank you notes are such a nice way to show your appreciation. In this day where email is so easy, I think that people send hand written thank you's less and less. I plan to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila