Sunday, September 6, 2009

Be Still and Know I Am God

This has been quite a week for me. I am a teacher, and so this week I was in my classroom preparing for the year to come. I must say, I felt a little stressed and anxious and there were times when I felt that I would never be ready for next week. However, throughout the week, I really felt like the Lord was talking to me. Over and over the verse from Psalm 46:10 kept on running through my mind "Be still, and know that I am God." I felt like God was reassuring me that everything was going to be okay. I felt as if he was telling me to relax and that He would take care of everything. In Psalm 46: 1 it says "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

God also spoke to me about priorities. Summer is my favorite time, because I get to spend more time with my kids. Being a teacher, I often need to bring home work to do. And then there is always a to-do list. The list that never seems to end! There are so many things going on and the world seems to tug at me. Another verse that God spoke to me through was 1 John 2:15. "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." While this verse kept running through my mind I heard the song "One Life to Love" by 33 Miles. If you have not heard this song, I would encourage you to listen to the words here. It really makes me think about what is important in life.

As I went through this week complaining, I was convicted by God. I know, I know. Philippians 2 : 14-16 says "Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain." I realized that God has given me many blessings-a wonderful husband, two beautiful children, a family that is always there for me, and I have a job where I have the opportunity to influence and inspire the future generations. More importantly, I have a Heavenly Father who is always there for me even when I may turn my back on Him.

Another great song that I heard this week was "The Motions" by Matthew West. If you have not heard it I would encourage you to. It reminds me of my Pastor's message last Sunday about Lukewarm Christians. As God says in Revelation, he would rather us be hot or cold, not lukewarm. This song reminds us that as Christians we should be on fire for God, and not lukewarm. Are you going through the motions today?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila