Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reminded by Veggietales

Last week my family went to see the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything at our local movie theater. During the summer, our local theater shows free movies for kids on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This is the third time I have seen it at the theater. My family loves Veggietales. The story is about three cabin boys (George, Sedgewick, and Elliot) who are transported back in time to save a prince and princess from their evil uncle whose plan it is to take over the throne from their father. The three cabin boys are seen as heroes, as they help in saving the prince and princess. At the end, George tells the king that the helpseeker must have made a mistake. They are not heroes but cabin boys. However, the king replies, "There were no mistakes. The Helpseeker picked exactly who I intended. And I made sure you had everything you needed to complete the task. The adventure I call you to may not be easy, but you'll never journey alone. My help is always there."

This reply reminded me of a few things:
1) God does not make mistakes. He chooses us for our calling and has a purpose for each of us in our lives.
2) God provides for all of our needs.
3) God does not promise an easy life. We will go through trials, but we will not go through them alone. We need to remember to trust in Him and ask for His help throughout our journey here on Earth.

A verse that has been going through my mind lately is Joshua 1:9 (New King James)-
Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila