Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Favorites and Freebies at Walt Disney World



My family just spent the week at Walt Disney World-the most magical place in the World. If I had the chance, I would go every year. This was my kids' first visit and what an experience it was. I thought I would share with you my top 10 favorite things to do at Disney, as well as a few freebies I found along the way.

My Top 10 Favorites at Disney World (not in any order):


1) Roller Coasters- Both the Aerosmith Ride and Expedition Everest were awesome. The Aerosmith Roller Coaster is inside in the dark with neon signs along the way. It also goes upside down. On Expedition Everest, we went both forwards and backwards, and at the top of the ride we got a magnificent view of the Animal Kingdom.

2) The Lion King Show at Animal Kingdom.

3) Both the Muppets 3D show at Hollywood Studios and Mickey's PhilharMagic 3D show at the Magic Kingdom.

4) The Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom. The show is very entertaining and I would recommend getting an Orange Slush at the Sunshine Tree Terrace right outside of the show.

5) Character Dining at the Crystal Palace. You get to eat a fantastic buffet, as well as meet Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger. We had originally decided not to do a character dining experience since it can be rather expensive. However, after a week of eating lots of hamburgers and french fries, we decided to splurge. It is one of the best choices we made. I would definitely do it again.



6) "SpectroMagic" Parade at Magic Kingdom. This parade is at night and all of the floats as well as characters have lights on them. After the parade, stay for the fireworks, where Tinkerbell flies from the top of the Castle.

7) Fantasmic. This show at Hollywood Studios is a must see. However, to get a really good seat, you need to show up about 90 minutes ahead of time. We were there an hour before and got in the very last section of seating. If you do not get a seat there is a spot for standing. In this show, the Disney Villains try to take over Mickey's imagination.

8) It's a Small World.

9) All of the Character's that you can meet. My children got to see: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Pinocchio, Daisy, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Pooh, Captain Hook and Smee, Alice in Wonderland, and the Evil Stepmother and Stepsisters from Cinderella.

10) The Harmony Barbershop.



Freebies at Disney World:
1) You may have noticed my last favorite was the Harmony Barbershop. Did you know that the Magic Kingdom had a barbershop? Although haircuts are not free ($14 for kids and $17 for adults), they do give out a few freebies if your child is getting their first haircut. This is their specialty. My son got his first haircut and it was a special moment. The barber started out by giving him a bunch of stickers and then started putting a sticker on his clothes. My son spent the rest of the time putting stickers all over his clothes. After his hair was cut, the barber gave him his first set of Mickey ears. On the back of the ears it said First Haircut. He also gave him a certificate of bravery.

2) Stop at Guest Relations at any park and pick up a free pin. They have a variety of pins for anything you may be celebrating. They have pins for 1st visits, anniversaries, birthdays, engagements, just married, reunions, and there is a general pin that says "I'm celebrating."

3) Stop by Club Cool at Epcot to try out free samples of soda from around the world. I tried a soda that tasted like ginger ale. However, my husband tried a soda that tasted like medicine.

4) At the World Showcase, keep your kids busy by stopping at Kidcot Fun Stops. At their first stop they will receive a mask, a stamp from the country, and a paper charm. At each of the remaining stops they can get their mask stamped and pick up another charm.



We had a lot of fun at Disney and I can't wait to go again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila